Saturday, January 3, 2009

New title for my blog

So...I will eventually get this blog lingo correct, but it may take some time...after vacillating over changing the title of my blog, I finally chose something that I absolutely love...'Whatsoever things are true' which quotes the Apostle Paul as found in His epistle to the Philippians, in chapter four, verse eight, which you can read here.
Or, here it is for ya: Philippians 4:8-

Whatsoever things are true,
Whatsoever things are honest,
Whatsoever things are just,
Whatsoever things are pure,
Whatsoever things are lovely,
Whatsoever things are of good report,
If there be any virtue and if there be any praise,
Think on these things.


In part, my brother Sal inspired me to find this scripture, which my church's thirteenth Article of Faith is based on, which you can also read here. Sal informed me that the phrase taken from Philippians is the motto of Northwestern University, in Chicago, Illinois. How grateful I am that there are still good things in this world, amid all the crazy things going on, there are still people, communities and establishments such as Northwestern who encourage people to seek after good things. So, in renaming my blog I will from here on be writing of things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, or praiseworthy. Of course, I know my life is not all peaches and cream, far from it, but in my posts I am on a mission to focus on those things that make me happy as I go about my daily life, that perhaps, in some small way, my experiences will help you get through yours, what e'er your lot may be :)

1 comments:

katieg said...

I am so glad you are going to be positive in your posts. I love how you use big words like "vacillating". You are such an English major!