It feels like its been a while since I've blogged and I have been debating what to write for a while now...starting school has been great! I am really excited for the challenge of taking my lit classes and spanish, tons of reading, but I am very excited to get into it all :)
In an effort to not sound depressed or sad or ungrateful for what I do have in my life, I am going to make a quick list of things this past week or so where I have truly seen the hand of the Lord in my daily life, where I have felt the Father's perfect love for me, where I have been comforted by The Comforter, the Holy Ghost, where at my most difficult moments I have felt encircled in the arms of His love, despite my weaknesses and imperfections, pride and stubborness.
Blessings are amazing...
1. Tuesday I started school. I was so blessed to be able to get a locker at the student center, having to lug around two bags is bit of a strain on my neck (there are many reasons I was not a pioneer crossing the plains to the West haha!). And the combo for the locker is so easy to remember, it has an 8 in it, my birthday! How sweet is that? :)
2. Wednesday...in a word: INSTITUTE. another word, ISAIAH, and yet another, FACER. oh, and CES, and The Church. How blessed I am, to have such a growing Institute program here in San Antonio,with a variety of classes to learn different books from the standard works, to be fed by the Spirit, and to be guided by an Institute instructor who is guided by the Spirit, through a particularily difficult author, the great Prophet, Isaiah. I've always loved the name Isaiah, and hope to one day name one of my sons this hehe :)
3. The Law of Tithing...Textbooks...money...how grateful I am to my Father in Heaven for
blessing me with the ability and opportunity to work, to learn...to have enough money to buy the books I need for school, to help my mom find a textbook online that I didn't want to buy overpriced at the bookstore, how grateful I am to my Father in Heaven for truly opening the windows of heaven, that there might not be room enough to receive it!
**See Malachi 3: 10, click here to read it**
4. Friends, and timing...So, I was walking up the stairs (one of many flights haha!) on campus on friday, (which now that I have classes monday through friday, I almost forgot what day it was sitting in class...I'll get used to it soon hopefully haha!) when, to my complete surprise, in the beautiful Texas Sun...I see walking down the stairs one of my dearest friends, KAYLA! :) what a blessing and truly a tender mercy of the Lord that this was for me, at the precise moment I needed to see a smiling face I love, I was blessed to run in to Kayla. I know this truly was a blessing from heaven! Texas State is a HUGE campus and I know the perfect timing and will of the Lord had a hand in our running into eachother :)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Be grateful anya!
Posted by Trin at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Patrina you are amazing! I'm glad I could brighten your day, even if only for a few short minutes! I love you!
So many blessings, so little room to keep them. =0)
Post a Comment