Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day!!

I am so excited that I was finally able to change up the layout of my blog, and i am loving the change and the perspective that it brings with it!!
I know I haven't posted for a while, and what better time to post than the most amazing holiday that is Independence Day!!!

I was so glad to be able to attend the Municipal Band of San Antonio's
concert earlier at the Witte museum where
by younger brother Sal works.

Sitting outside in the shade and listening to the works of great
American composers with young parents and their young children,
retired military service members, as well as
my parents and brother Sal made me so grateful for living in
this free country that is the United States of America!!

Some reasons why I am proud and so grateful and feeling humbled to be an American:

**Being able to worship how, where and what I may, thus allowing all others to do likewise

**Having the opportunity to work, to earn money, and to attend school to gain more knowledge

**Having a comfortable home to live in, and two cars to use that both work well

**Being able to attend community events, and being able to see, hear and know of the many wonderful mysteries of the Kingdom, as well as the many true gems that are in San Antonio

**Having a gas station less than five minutes from my house to fill up my car

**Being able to travel throughout the country without fear

**Having my brother-in-law return home from Iraq soon from his 2nd tour of duty in the service of his country and family :)

**Living in the country where the Gospel was restored and Christ's church again established on the earth (I think of pioneers of the 21st century who live in far off lands who with all of their hearts accept the Gospel, and I am inspired to strengthen my own testimony and live a more wholesome, virtuous life. )

**Having many Temples of the Church in our country, including the beautiful
San Antonio Temple only a short drive from my home

Truly I have so many things to be thankful for!!! I am truly so blessed, and I know all of my blessings are poured out from heaven above, even when I feel least deserving of them

0 comments: