Today. . .I saw:
a funeral procession.
As I was racing to work, I cried. Cried for the people who were laying to restsomeone they love. Crying, because,
what if they don't have the knowledge
that
families are forever
that mortal death
is not the end of the person they are laying to rest?
I cried because I know that I take this testimony
for granted, that I too often, take the people closest to me for
granted.
I cried because a friend of mine recently lost
her brother.
What if that was me?
What if I had
to say goodbye,
even temporarily, to someone I want
to be with for eternity?
Could I handle it?
Would I have regrets, unspoken
kind words, unspoken apologizes, love withheld?
And so I cried, slowly passing the entire length of cars in the
precession.
It was agonizing.
I think Heavenly Father
allowed me to see what I saw
as a reminder- to love unfeigned.
to forgive.
to speak kindly.
to do good.
to be better.
to speak kindly.
to do good.
to be better.





0 comments:
Post a Comment