I have been wanting to post something for a while, and have been debating what to write. Like most sundays, I felt the Spirit so strong in Sacrament meeting today. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father is truly aware of me and that He knew I needed to hear a message on prayer today. In our wonderful program was included this awesome quote from Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorom of the Twelve Apostles, from April 2007 General Conference-
"Prayer is a supernal gift of our Father in Heaven to every soul. Think of it: the absolute Supreme Being, the most all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful personage, encourages you and me, as insignificant as we are, to converse with Him as our Father. Actually, because He knows how desperately we need His guidance, He commands, "Thou shalt pray vocally as well as in thy heart; yea, before the world as well as in secret, in public as well as in private."
You can read Elder Scott's full talk by clicking here
I just love this quote. Elder Scott tells us how grand and all powerful our Father in Heaven is, yet, how much of a personal God He truly is. For truly He is the Father of our Spirits, and knows each of his children personally.
I was able to really reflect on prayer during sacrament, as the speaker outlined the key points of prayer as found in our guide, True to the Faith. I am so grateful to live in this free country and that I have the right and blessing to attend church every sunday. I am grateful to know that no matter where we might be on this earth, that our Father in Heaven and our Savior are aware of us. They both know us better than we know ourselves and want only to bless us. I had such a wonderful sabbath as I was truly edified by the Spirit. Here goes another week....
"Prayer is a supernal gift of our Father in Heaven to every soul. Think of it: the absolute Supreme Being, the most all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful personage, encourages you and me, as insignificant as we are, to converse with Him as our Father. Actually, because He knows how desperately we need His guidance, He commands, "Thou shalt pray vocally as well as in thy heart; yea, before the world as well as in secret, in public as well as in private."
You can read Elder Scott's full talk by clicking here
I just love this quote. Elder Scott tells us how grand and all powerful our Father in Heaven is, yet, how much of a personal God He truly is. For truly He is the Father of our Spirits, and knows each of his children personally.
I was able to really reflect on prayer during sacrament, as the speaker outlined the key points of prayer as found in our guide, True to the Faith. I am so grateful to live in this free country and that I have the right and blessing to attend church every sunday. I am grateful to know that no matter where we might be on this earth, that our Father in Heaven and our Savior are aware of us. They both know us better than we know ourselves and want only to bless us. I had such a wonderful sabbath as I was truly edified by the Spirit. Here goes another week....





1 comments:
Amen, Sista!
Post a Comment